Romantic Candle Fires
It's February! Valentine's Day is coming up, and I know people either hate it, or love it!
There are multiple ways to woo your significant other, and one of those tends to be a romantic candlelit dinner.
Candles can smell nice, add a delicate glow for mood lighting, or can just be fun to decorate with. They can also be harmful to your home if you are not careful.
If you are someone who uses a candle daily, take a look at your walls or ceiling. Overuse of candles can cause smoke damage that darkens the areas near them. Usually, you will notice a dark circular spot on the ceiling, or a dark line up your wall.
Try to place candles away from the wall if you tend to use them more often. Make sure that any flammable material is nowhere near the flame, especially curtains or fabric. NEVER fall asleep with a candle lit. Our own office admin had a small house fire growing up when a family member had fallen asleep with a candle lit. The candle was also placed too close to the wall, so flames were able to reach up and stretch out over the room.
If you still decide to incorporate candles in your Valentine's festivities, just make it a point to extinguish them. Just remember, if your Valentine's Day doesn't go quite the way you expect, SERVPRO of Rockford can assist you in any fire disaster. Unfortunately, we can't make rejection "Like it never even happened."